There is the Pancasila in Indonesia.
It is the official philosophical foundation of the Indonesian state.
There are 5 principles ; the first being ………
Ketuhanan Yang Maha Esa …..
1. Percaya dan Takwa kepada Tuhan Yang Maha Esa sesuai dengan agama dan kepercayaan masing-masing menurut dasar kemanusiaan yang adil dan beradab.
2. Hormat menghormati dan bekerjasama antar pemeluk agama dan penganut-penganut kepercayaan yang berbeda-beda sehingga terbina kerukunan hidup.
3. Saling menghormati kebebasan menjalankan ibadah sesuai dengan agama dan kepercayaannya.
4. Tidak memaksakan suatu agama dan kepercayaan kepada orang lain.
It is indeed a joy to see the great X’mas atmosphere everywhere in Jakarta.
X’mas songs are played everywhere. In the malls, schools, boutiques, offices and restaurants. Sales promoters are greeting shoppers Merry X’mas and even wearing Santa hats !!
Being the most populace Muslim country in the world, it is indeed a joy seeing such acceptance, respect and tolerance. Everyone is just sincerely being joyful, celebrating and having fun regardless of what religion background they are from (though I am pretty sure most of them are Muslims).
Went for lunch at “Sate Khas Senayan, Ciputra Mall, Cibubur” and this is the photo of the waiters and waitresses serving us. I am a Chinese Buddhist and I celebrate Chinese New Year.
However, they have made me happy and warm inside and filled me up with the X’mas spirit.
I will thus surely join in the X’mas mood and euphoria with all our Christian friends.
These waiters and waitresses are people that will make the whole world a better place ….
The Indonesians truly practice the 1st principle of Pancasila.
– Do not listen to Donald Trump
– Bear in mind, no religion teaches us to misbehave or do bad things
– Peace on earth.
Merry X’mas EVERYONE !!
A Malaysian Chinese (Buddhist) living in Indonesia and loving it !
@ 20 Dec 2015
Think thoroughly … sure …….
But do not take too long
As the more you think …. the slower you would take in executing your plans
Today .. SPEED to execution is CRITICAL.
Be a thinker !! Great !!
Better yet be an “adaptive thinker” ….. one who is fast, action oriented and able to react well to un-forseen challenging circumstances as they surface.
It is better to be imperfect … but decisive and fast in execution
…..and be the first to launch new ideas.
….. and manage the imperfections….as one moves forward.
Do not even try to be perfect (which is near impossible) and thus taking a long time to execute plans.
* Leave the old paradigms behind !!
* There is no such thing as a PERFECT PLAN.
* A NEW PLAN will DEFINITELY cause pain and chaos to some parties
* Be daring, be creative, dare to be different, take risks
* Execute the PLAN
* Then …. Manage the IMPERFECTIONS
A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein